Suppose I saw an elderly woman painfully huddled on a heating grate in the dead of winter. She's hungry and in...
The only objection I have to any of this would be that Social Security is taken from the victim of a crime by the government, spent helter skelter, and then has to be taken from another victim. Social security, if it were privatized, would do what it is supposed to do, but it is taken from Victim A, redistributed to whatever cause he government sees fit, and then taken again from Victim B to pay back what was taken from Victim A. We don't have choice, so we pay into a social security and then are told it's not our money.
Benjamin Franklin, statesman and signer of our Declaration of Independence, said: "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." John Adams, another signer, echoed a similar statement: "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." Are today's Americans virtuous and moral, or have we become corrupt and vicious? Let's think it through with a few questions.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago