Suppose I saw an elderly woman painfully huddled on a heating grate in the dead of winter. She's hungry and in...
The only objection I have to any of this would be that Social Security is taken from the victim of a crime by the government, spent helter skelter, and then has to be taken from another victim. Social security, if it were privatized, would do what it is supposed to do, but it is taken from Victim A, redistributed to whatever cause he government sees fit, and then taken again from Victim B to pay back what was taken from Victim A. We don't have choice, so we pay into a social security and then are told it's not our money.
Benjamin Franklin, statesman and signer of our Declaration of Independence, said: "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." John Adams, another signer, echoed a similar statement: "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." Are today's Americans virtuous and moral, or have we become corrupt and vicious? Let's think it through with a few questions.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 4 hours ago