Affordable housing and health care costs are terms with considerable emotional appeal that politicians exploit but have absolutely no useful meaning or analytical worth. For example, can anyone tell me in actual dollars and cents the price of an affordable car, house or myomectomy? It's probably more pleasant to pretend that there is universal agreement about what is or is...
Sirden, we have 49-percent of Americans who pay nothing. The wealthy earn their money, as do middle-class and they pay between 25 and 50-percent of their income dependent upon how the money is made. What is a fair-share? Think carefully before answering this, because tax on the middle-class, according to figures, would be $3-trillion as opposed to the $700-billion that would be made from making the "wealthy" pay their fair share.
It's difficult to be a good economist and simultaneously be perceived as compassionate. To be a good economist, one has to deal with reality. To appear compassionate, often one has to avoid unpleasant questions, use "caring" terminology and view reality as optional.
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 47 mins ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm and the big return Ed Morrissey 56 mins ago
- Monica Lewinsky: I was patient zero in Internet bullying Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Liberals warn vulnerable Dems that they should rethink distancing themselves from Obama Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- 10 yr old competitive shooter seeks to inspire others Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- John Kasich rips AP after reportedly denouncing Obamacare’s repeal Noah Rothman 3 hours ago