Republican presidential candidate Barry Goldwater accepted an invitation to visit an American military installation located in Bavaria, Germany. On "CBS Evening News" hosted by Walter Cronkite, correspondent Daniel Schorr said: "It is now clear that Sen. Goldwater's interview with Der Spiegel, with its hard line appealing to right-wing elements in Germany, was only the start of a move to link up with his opposite numbers in Germany." The reaction shot -- when the cameras returned to Cronkite -- showed the "most trusted man in America" gravely shaking...
There is just too-much irony in liberals (with their big government ideas) calling Republicans/conservatives liars and Nazis. Hitler used class-warfare and racial divide to gain his position as Germany's leader and that is exactly what Obama has done. If anyone can find a man more capable of lying than Barack Obama, we all need to see him, because the majority of conservatives in this country today are convinced that if Barry's mouth is open, he's lying.
Maybe comparing Republicans to Nazis started with the 1964 Goldwater/Johnson presidential race.
- Conservatives get a big 2014 boost from ‘fatal blow’ to Obamacare Noah Rothman 24 minutes ago
- On the other hand: Fourth Circuit upholds ObamaCare subsidies for federal exchange consumers Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- White House: It’s business as usual on subsidies after Halbig Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- July Crisis: Ukraine alleges a Russian military officer pulled the trigger on MH17 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- NYT: Hobby Lobby part of “this summer of a violent God” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Pelosi confronted over whether Obama is ‘angry enough’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago