Are We Rome Yet?

Donna371 Wrote: Jul 31, 2013 8:17 AM
Yes, we are Rome. Except we are like Rome on steroids. Our athletes are our gladiators-which rather than have to go to a coliseum we can just play in our living rooms on our 60 inch tvs. These days I am not holding our much hope for us.
Bernard Goetz. He bought a gun because he had been the victim of subway robbey before. A very non-descript small man. He actually shot at least one of the kids in the back as the kid was running away and paralyzed him. Goetz wound up convicted of a gun charge but that was it. The grand jury refused to indict.
I recently had a conversation with a retired police officer. He told me that he had often heard people complain about profiling and then he would respond by telling them how he and his fellow officers profiled all the time and then he explained that the profiling was done on the white teen or twenty-something driving into the ghetto at 11pm. The complainers would get silent and there would be no more discussion about profiling. Of course, because the profiled persons were white so then it's o.k. I have on a few occasions been subjected to the strip down at the airport . On one occasion it was because my 7 year old's carry on set off some secret message that the TSA refused to explain to me. While in the privacy area I commented 'This is ridiculous. You really should profile.' The office got indignant and said 'Timothy McVeigh was a terrorist.' That seems to be the standard response. The one white person that committed a heinous act. Of course, I was not a man driving a pick-up. I was a middle-aged woman traveling with two of her sons who were playing game boys and I-pods. Go figure. By the way, if someone here knows. What exactly does "Justice for Trayvon" really mean? I have read and seen those signs and am not sure what exactly they want. We seem to be a lawless nation right now with the executive branch not following the written law so it is likely that Holder will bring charges against Zimmerman. However, if he does not, what does "Justice for Trayvon" look like. It is dragging Zimmerman out and hanging him from the nearest tree or is it mostly black crowd beating a white cameraman doing his job.

America's Sociopath Fetish

Donna371 Wrote: Jul 12, 2013 10:05 AM
Don't worry most of these types think nothing of aborting their fetuses.

Sex and the Military

Donna371 Wrote: Jun 12, 2013 8:18 AM
Actually, whether or not you served has everything to do with it because then you would understand better what Dr. Sowell is talking about. He isn't talking just about rape and sexual assaults. He's talking about the entire concept of men and women serving together under combat conditions. I served in the Navy right after they began to have women and men serve together on sub-tenders. The incidence of pregnancies before deployments would increase exponentially thus having to take the now-pregnant woman out of her billet and be filled with a man-who thought he was getting a shore tour but was now going back to sea. Talk about resentment. Going even further, why is it that they hand out condoms at colleges because the students there cannot control their sexual desires but then put the same aged adults together in various military commands and tell them to "Just say no!" Anyone who has served really understands this.
It's sickening to me. I know someone that took the loans just because she could to have a higher standard of living and then dropped out. Now she is in arrears and likes to say that it's not her fault because they (being the government) made it too easy for her to do this and the government should be responsible.

From the Brooklyn Bridge to London

Donna371 Wrote: May 25, 2013 8:31 AM
Really, I think Paulo was using sarcasm...did you miss that?

PC and the NBA

Donna371 Wrote: May 03, 2013 7:45 AM
Free speech is completely dead in this country. Also, Jason Collins is NOT a hero. In this country we have forgotten the definition of hero. All he did was come out-which, these days, is a very politically correct thing to do. He's not brave-because he had to know that there would be few, if any, people who would express any negativity towards his announcement. Any negativity would only be voiced by some crazy christian religious zealot who this country has already cut out of the herd because he or she is too "extremist". It really would have been a big yawn had the media not lost their minds.
Huh? No, that isn't what he meant and if given the chance I am sure he could explain it better. However,and I have found that people tend to be more drawn to their own ethnicity and racial group. That's just life. The election of Obama is more complicated but there is way too little time to go into it.
He wasn't white...

Flee, Save and Hide

Donna371 Wrote: Feb 02, 2013 8:13 AM
liberal not liberl-its hard to hunt and peck this early on a Saturday.