"The killing of Dykes was justified because: he was actively and certainly and verifiably engaged in threatening the life of the child. " And Americans actively supporting terrorists abroad are engaged in treats to Americans everywhere. There is no difference. Dykes could have surrendered to face charges, and the Americans on a "hit" list can likewise surrender and face charges. There is no difference. "No one claimed it was justified because of any prescience of his future actions," You just did yourself -- a threat is a prediction or a concern about future actions.
On Tuesday, NBC released a confidential Department of Justice paper concluding that our government can authorize the use of drones to kill targeted terrorist leaders, including U.S. citizens abroad. This story bares the dividing line between honest liberals -- such as Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., the American Civil Liberties Union and the San Francisco Chronicle's editorial board, all of whom opposed some of the harsher anti-terrorism tactics employed under President George W. Bush's administration and under the current administration -- and rank opportunists, such as President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who denounced what...
- Fatah, Hamas announce reconciliation pact, new elections Ed Morrissey 20 minutes ago
- Just a reminder: Lindsey Graham’s probably going to get reelected Allahpundit 59 minutes ago
- Tom Steyer: I am absolutely nothing at all like the Koch brothers Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Video: AFP launches ObamaCare attacks on four vulnerable Senate Dems Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- DoJ guidelines on Obama drug-war clemency: 10 years in prison minimum Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul on abortion: “We’re not changing any of the laws until the country is persuaded otherwise” Allahpundit 3 hours ago