"A policeman who shoots somone as he is VISIBLY engaged in violence against others is acting on the CERTAINTY of what he SEES in REAL TIME." Was the government certain that Jimmy Lee Dykes would harm that little boy? No, they were not. Yet they were completely justified in attacking his fortress and killing him. I see no fundamental difference between that and drone attacks on those we are confident are terrorists.
On Tuesday, NBC released a confidential Department of Justice paper concluding that our government can authorize the use of drones to kill targeted terrorist leaders, including U.S. citizens abroad. This story bares the dividing line between honest liberals -- such as Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., the American Civil Liberties Union and the San Francisco Chronicle's editorial board, all of whom opposed some of the harsher anti-terrorism tactics employed under President George W. Bush's administration and under the current administration -- and rank opportunists, such as President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who denounced what...
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 10 mins ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest-hosting for Hugh Hewitt! Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- AP: CIA given stand-down order in Europe Ed Morrissey 50 mins ago
- Provokatsiya: Russia captures NATO allied Lithuania’s ship in international waters Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Susan Rice: I hope everyone realizes it’s going to take “many months” to train these Syrian rebels Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The unbearable lightness of Hillary, 2016 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago