"They are no different than drone strikes on alleged serial killers" But a "drone" strike on a serial killer (in the form of a sniper) is perfectly legal and moral if he's evading capture and/or acting in a threatening manner. It was perfectly okay when Obama okayed those snipers to take out the pirates a few years back. There is no difference.
On Tuesday, NBC released a confidential Department of Justice paper concluding that our government can authorize the use of drones to kill targeted terrorist leaders, including U.S. citizens abroad. This story bares the dividing line between honest liberals -- such as Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., the American Civil Liberties Union and the San Francisco Chronicle's editorial board, all of whom opposed some of the harsher anti-terrorism tactics employed under President George W. Bush's administration and under the current administration -- and rank opportunists, such as President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who denounced what...
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 12 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 14 hours ago