It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
This article is typical of why "conservatives" are more repugnant than the left. Both sides are simplistic but Alexander's nonsense is despicable. A lunatic murders 20 kids and she argues the following: If we had only sent him to church, kept him away from video games and TV, he would have been cured, hallelujah! He carried guns and she blames the left. If anything is representative of moral decay in America, it's not armed lunatics (who will always be with us), it's self-serving political cynics like Alexander who should know better.
- Was the Aurora theater shooting “foreseeable” by owners? Jazz Shaw 48 mins ago
- US ponders military intervention in Syria as well as Iraq Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago