Their prayers were answered. They would be blessed with children but had to agree to sacrifice the last child. After 25 children the couple balked at making the ultimate sacrifice. This angered the gods who threatened the destruction of the village unless...
"It will be unaccountable bureaucrats sitting in some D.C. office building who decide what care will be reimbursed and for whom, when there is insufficient funding to satisfy demand. (And believe me, there will be far more demand than will be able to be paid for.) If doctors won't provide the care when they are not paid, and if people die as a result, well -- call it whatever you like." IOW, it's not any different than the system we already have. Just different bureaucrats sitting in different chairs.
In the 15th century a ritual began during the final days of the Majapahit Hindu Empire in Indonesia known as Yadnya Kasada. According to legend a princess and her husband settled at the foot of Mount Bromo on East Java. Their paradise was empty as they were unable to have children so the couple prayed to the mountain gods.
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 27 mins ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 3 hours ago