In the past decade, Britain, and indeed much of Europe, has been on a seemingly never-ending journey toward “equality.” “Equality is not negotiable. It is an absolute,” the supporters have declared, as more and more areas of life have been subjected to the ever-increasing grasp of...
In response to:
"take the case of Lillian Ladele, the Islington registrar forced to resign for conscientiously objecting from performing same-sex civil partnerships." If she had been a good employee I would have tried to work around her issues. OTOH, there's no discrimination in getting rid of people who refuse to do their job. There's no requirement that any employer "tolerate" people who refuse to do their job. A person of integrity would have quit a job if it required her to do something she found morally repugnant. It appears a Christian like Ladele wants others to sacrifice in order for her to live in the style she's accustomed to.
A brief glance to Britain’s past, and one can see that it was only after centuries of bloody battles and religious intolerance that freedom of religion was finally secured. However, just a few short years into the new era of “equality,” and that freedom is being eroded at an alarming rate.
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 14 minutes ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 3 hours ago
- Super-sized: Man loses 56 lbs eating nothing but McDonald’s Allahpundit 4 hours ago