As most of you know, during a football game last week Bob Costas lectured us po’ goofy Americans about the evils of a “gun culture” and how we need to evolve away from being obsessed with firearms. As soon as I heard that drivel roll off Mr. C’s tongue I ordered another 30/06, a sweet Walther PPK and a custom .416 Rigby turnbolt. Cowabunga, Bob. Thanks for reminding me to buy more guns.
In response to:
Doug Giles offers an example of how some Christians can so easily twist the Bible to mean what they want it to mean. Jesus in Luke 22:36 is not telling his disciples to arm themselves. It should be clear that this is not the case since Jesus told them not to use swords only a few verses later. In Luke 22:36 Jesus is rebuking the disciples for their argument about which is greater. He's being sarcastic. He's saying, you guys might as well arm yourselves against each other. And when they don't get his meaning (finding 2 literal swords) , he says "Enough!"
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 5 hours ago