Responding to a presidential State of the Union speech is often a thankless task. Following the president's act, which oozes prestige and historic significance, almost always makes the next guy seem small and trivial by comparison. As it goes, the designated member of the opposition party is typically holed up in a room somewhere with little more than a camera, some lights and a teleprompter. The rejoinder he or she offers is almost always instantly forgotten; when it's not, it's usually for the wrong reasons. Sen. Marco Rubio broke the mold last night. He delivered a substantive, relatable and...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago