Hey, at least they're bipartisan. For the uninitiated, the Texas Senator and conservative stalwart was born in Calgary, Canada -- prompting some to insist that he's not a "natural born citizen" and is therefore ineligible for the presidency. But there are only two types of citizens under the law: Natural born Americans (from birth), and naturalized Americans, who undergo the legal process of becoming a US citizen. Cruz never experienced the latter proceedings because he didn't need to; his mother was born and raised in Delaware, rendering Cruz an American citizen from the moment of his birth abroad. Meanwhile,...
You prove the wisdom of Mark Twain when he wrote: “In religion and politics people’s beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing.” For a more accurate and insightful analysis, see the writings of Publius Huldah at https://publiushuldah.wordpress.com/2012/07/19/the-constitution-vattel-and-natural-born-citizen-what-our-framers-knew/.
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 58 mins ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 21 hours ago