Hey, at least they're bipartisan. For the uninitiated, the Texas Senator and conservative stalwart was born in Calgary, Canada -- prompting some to insist that he's not a "natural born citizen" and is therefore ineligible for the presidency. But there are only two types of citizens under the law: Natural born Americans (from birth), and naturalized Americans, who undergo the legal process of becoming a US citizen. Cruz never experienced the latter proceedings because he didn't need to; his mother was born and raised in Delaware, rendering Cruz an American citizen from the moment of his birth abroad. Meanwhile,...
You prove the wisdom of Mark Twain when he wrote: “In religion and politics people’s beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing.” For a more accurate and insightful analysis, see the writings of Publius Huldah at https://publiushuldah.wordpress.com/2012/07/19/the-constitution-vattel-and-natural-born-citizen-what-our-framers-knew/.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 10 hours ago