Starting last year, we began taking snapshots of Standard & Poor's forecasts for where the S&P 500's trailing twelve month earnings per share would be in the future at approximately three-month intervals. Our chart below illustrates how the expected future has changed over time.
Since our last snapshot in November 2012, we find that the earnings for the S&P 500 in the last two quarters of 2012 and the first two quarters of 2013 are now expected to be recorded at levels below where they had been expected three months ago.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel’s killing his political future by contesting the Mississippi runoff results Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Watch Jake Tapper embarrass pro-Hamas attorney Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Joe Scarborough: Glenn Beck is following Jesus’s playbook in providing humanitarian aid to young illegals Allahpundit 12 hours ago