Starting last year, we began taking snapshots of Standard & Poor's forecasts for where the S&P 500's trailing twelve month earnings per share would be in the future at approximately three-month intervals. Our chart below illustrates how the expected future has changed over time.
Since our last snapshot in November 2012, we find that the earnings for the S&P 500 in the last two quarters of 2012 and the first two quarters of 2013 are now expected to be recorded at levels below where they had been expected three months ago.
- NY Gov candidate deploys new version of “Daisy” ad Jazz Shaw 34 mins ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows 50% support Obama’s handling of ISIS now Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 12 hours ago