The Washington Post’s David Fahrenthold recently took a look at the $38 billion in spending cuts that Republicans and Democrats agreed to in 2011 in order to avoid a government shutdown. Fahrenthold estimates that $17 billion of those “cuts” were little more than budgetary gimmicks. For instance, $6 billion in authorized spending for the previous year’s decennial census were merely wiped...
- MSNBC: Say, that Hillary Clinton book tour was a big mistake, huh? Ed Morrissey 23 minutes ago
- Never the commander-in-chief Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Kerry lands in Cairo as Hamas, Israel refuse cease fire Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- IRS: Hey, maybe we do have our e-mail backups Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago