“Now the perception is, yes, women are here to stay,” Ginsburg told the conference. “And when I’m sometimes asked when will there be enough and I say when there are nine, people are shocked.”
Ginsburg said that no one has “ever raised a question” when nine men were serving on the bench.
Ginsburg added that she felt “lonely” on the bench when she was...
In response to:
And it was Republican Ronald Reagan that put the first female on the Supreme Court. She wasn't as conserative as hoped, but was better then Ginsburg, and she never said she felt lonely on the bench.
Speaking at a 10th Circuit Bench & Bar Conference at the University of Colorado-Boulder, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said she hopes to see an all-female Supreme Court one day. Via CBS:
- ISIL is busy building a capital in Syria while Obama dithers Gabriel Malor 40 mins ago
- Alison Lundergan Grimes channels Patches O’Houlihan on campaign trail Matt Vespa 1 hour ago
- Hillary: After weeks of criticism, I have decided I do have an opinion on Ferguson Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- DNC spokesman: We condemn Rand Paul’s “blame America” worldview Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Semi-retired president to address something he saw on the news today about Ukraine at 4 p.m. ET; Update: “Ongoing incursion”; Update: No strategy yet on ISIS Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- More Senate Democrats hit the panic button on immigration Gabriel Malor 3 hours ago