“Now the perception is, yes, women are here to stay,” Ginsburg told the conference. “And when I’m sometimes asked when will there be enough and I say when there are nine, people are shocked.”
Ginsburg said that no one has “ever raised a question” when nine men were serving on the bench.
Ginsburg added that she felt “lonely” on the bench when she was...
In response to:
And it was Republican Ronald Reagan that put the first female on the Supreme Court. She wasn't as conserative as hoped, but was better then Ginsburg, and she never said she felt lonely on the bench.
Speaking at a 10th Circuit Bench & Bar Conference at the University of Colorado-Boulder, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said she hopes to see an all-female Supreme Court one day. Via CBS:
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 32 mins ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Christie, Cuomo enact stricter travel restrictions as new patient showed symptoms in NJ, tests negative Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago