How about a day to commemorate the victims of socialism?

Obama's Small-Screen Worldview

Don664 Wrote: Aug 22, 2014 8:58 AM
He hasn't got time for this. His agenda - creating another socialist paradise - is more important.
We need to keep emphasizing this. Why Republicans don't simply oppose the socialists on these grounds is beyond my understanding.

Attacking Achievement

Don664 Wrote: Aug 12, 2014 9:58 AM
Even if the cop is guilty and should be taken out and shot, there is no excuse for the looting and damage. The Constitution protects for us the right to peaceably assemble. This isn't peaceable.

Infidels Beware!

Don664 Wrote: Aug 12, 2014 9:36 AM
And so what? I read "unbeliever" more often than I read "infidel". And I will follow the tenets of Christianity before I bow to a government in violation of it. So I'm not different than that woman in that respect. However I do not intend to impose my religion on her. In fact, I'm not sure she would qualify.

The 1911 Pistol

Don664 Wrote: Jul 05, 2014 12:10 PM
Understand completely! It took me a year and a half to get my Walther UIT Spezial back from my grandson, and then only because he got orders to Afghanistan. He's still asking me when I'm going to give it back to him. I tell him he's in my will.

Questions from a Concerned Parent

Don664 Wrote: Jun 26, 2014 8:58 AM
Mike, what is it about English? Is it the subject or is it the UNCW English department? I was an English minor (You don't wanna know how long ago) and I still love the subject. In fact, I regard mastery of English and Mathematics as essential skills.

World War One's Next Phase?

Don664 Wrote: Jun 25, 2014 10:46 AM
I think it was Thomas Jefferson who said something like peace is that glorious period where everyone is standing around reloading. Our current administration is currently unloading. KYPD

World War One's Next Phase?

Don664 Wrote: Jun 25, 2014 10:46 AM

My Free Speech College Entrance Exam

Don664 Wrote: Jun 24, 2014 10:43 AM
Hear! Hear!

My Free Speech College Entrance Exam

Don664 Wrote: Jun 24, 2014 10:42 AM
Well, that depends. In my philosophy course (You don't want to know how long ago), my professor would walk into the classroom and make an outrageous statement. I always rose to the bait and argued with him nearly the whole hour. Sometimes I even got a tie (He was brilliant). I got an A. Those who sat and took notes got Cs. Yes, he taught logic, but he also taught thinking. I would not eliminate philosophy.