The 1911 Pistol

Don664 Wrote: Jul 05, 2014 12:10 PM
Understand completely! It took me a year and a half to get my Walther UIT Spezial back from my grandson, and then only because he got orders to Afghanistan. He's still asking me when I'm going to give it back to him. I tell him he's in my will.

Questions from a Concerned Parent

Don664 Wrote: Jun 26, 2014 8:58 AM
Mike, what is it about English? Is it the subject or is it the UNCW English department? I was an English minor (You don't wanna know how long ago) and I still love the subject. In fact, I regard mastery of English and Mathematics as essential skills.

World War One's Next Phase?

Don664 Wrote: Jun 25, 2014 10:46 AM
I think it was Thomas Jefferson who said something like peace is that glorious period where everyone is standing around reloading. Our current administration is currently unloading. KYPD

World War One's Next Phase?

Don664 Wrote: Jun 25, 2014 10:46 AM

My Free Speech College Entrance Exam

Don664 Wrote: Jun 24, 2014 10:43 AM
Hear! Hear!

My Free Speech College Entrance Exam

Don664 Wrote: Jun 24, 2014 10:42 AM
Well, that depends. In my philosophy course (You don't want to know how long ago), my professor would walk into the classroom and make an outrageous statement. I always rose to the bait and argued with him nearly the whole hour. Sometimes I even got a tie (He was brilliant). I got an A. Those who sat and took notes got Cs. Yes, he taught logic, but he also taught thinking. I would not eliminate philosophy.

My Free Speech College Entrance Exam

Don664 Wrote: Jun 24, 2014 10:39 AM
Except for the English department. English is core. So is Math.

My Free Speech College Entrance Exam

Don664 Wrote: Jun 24, 2014 10:36 AM
But no right to enforce it.
Alphonse Karr, a Frenchman with a German name, once said, "If we are to abolish the death penalty, I should like to see the first step taken by our friends the murderers.".
Considering the poetry of today, it's probably a good thing. Mag 14 called it twaddle. I call it splat. It is undisciplined, unrhymed, unstructured wailing. Very little of it is good. Including mine. Although mine at least rhymes. Yes, jeff_georgia, you have been deprived. But you don't have to be. You can read. I recommend Ted Malone's "Pack up your troubles," to start with. It will expose you to a lot of poetry by a lot of people in one book. Well worth it. You can get it on Amazon.