I watched some of that speech, not all of it. What I saw was milquetoast.
Even though I’ve been fortunate to attend a few national conventions, I still get a thrill when I meet (for the first time) a favorite politician to whom I’ve donated money, or one of pundits that I read on a daily basis. (My wife would stop at nothing to get a picture with Bret Baier of Fox News.) Or it may be a particular speech. But at this year’s convention, my most special memory was a movie. Who would have ever thought that, for a guy from Hollywood, schlepping to steamy Tampa would elicit a big screen moment?
- It’s come to this: Obama threatens to veto Republican bills that … require him to follow the law Allahpundit 21 minutes ago
- Huckabee getting serious about a 2016 bid? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Gallup: Senate may be #Up4Climate, but … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Charlie Rangel: The explosion today in Harlem is “our community’s 9/11″ Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Farmers, industry getting pretty nervous about the EPA’s incoming water regs Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Brennan: We wouldn’t do a “tremendous” amount of spying, hacking, and monitoring of Congress Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago