For laughs, consult top producer Cappy McGarr, who insisted Ellen wasn't picked for political reasons: "The Kennedy Center is apolitical. We have had so many people who have their own brand and type of humor. We don't pick winners because of any advocacy they do. It is all about...
Don't disrespect cows by comparing her to them.
The PBS broadcast of the Kennedy Center's Mark Twain Prize on Oct. 30 was a festival of tributes to Ellen DeGeneres -- which is fine, since she is quite talented comically. But it wasn't so much a tribute for the comedy as it was for her pioneering work promoting homosexuality.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel’s killing his political future by contesting the Mississippi runoff results Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Watch Jake Tapper embarrass pro-Hamas attorney Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Joe Scarborough: Glenn Beck is following Jesus’s playbook in providing humanitarian aid to young illegals Allahpundit 5 hours ago