There's been a lot of braying on the Left about Mitt Romney's tax returns lately. Most of it is transparently political. Some of it is mystifyingly hypocritical. But is it necessarily wrong? Romney has done everything the law requires of him, and then some. He's made public one full year of returns (2010) and released a comprehensive estimate of another (2011). As many Democrats would hasten to point out, however, Mitt is disregarding the example set by his father, George Romney, during his truncated 1968 presidential run. The elder Romney handed over twelve full years...
In response to:
When I read comments on this site I worry about the future of our nation. I am no big fan of our president but to see people here calling people names like children it sure scares me to think that the political right is represented here. I feel Mr. Romney may have a real problem to deal with here and I agree with the person that wrote this article. The reason I see it as a problem is that while some comments are suggesting the president is lying... it seems to be a reality that Romney said he left Bain in 1999 while SEC documents have him there well past that. If you want to beat Obama he's gotta get past this reality somehow.
- Quinnipiac poll: Udall not gaining on Gardner in the home stretch Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- White House: Obama didn’t really mean it when he said a vote for Nunn is a vote for a Dem majority Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Report: As many as seven wounded in shooting at Washington school; Update: One victim dead; Update: Motive? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama meets Ebola survivor Nina Pham in the Oval Office Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Gallup poll shows Tea Party supporters the most motivated to vote Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Red line? ISIS used chemical weapons against Iraqi army Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago