Gov. Mitt Romney opened the engagement. "Our Navy is smaller now than at any time since 1917. The Navy said they needed 313 ships to carry out their mission. We're now under 285. We're headed down to the low 200s if...
In response to:
I was in the U.S.S. Enterprise battle group on two Westpacs and we had escorts of frigates, destroyers, subs, etc. Obama implied carriers go out by themselves without the need for surface ships. what a complete freakin numb-nutted idiot. This guy literally doesn't know Jack Shiite.
Monday night's final 2012 presidential election debate included a brief but fierce naval battle. The candidates exchanged close-combat broadsides over the size of the U.S. Navy, then fired provocative salvos in the direction of two complex subjects, the capabilities of modern weapons and the deleterious effects of funding cuts required by sequestration on the defense budget, especially planned ship-building programs.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 14 hours ago