Gov. Mitt Romney opened the engagement. "Our Navy is smaller now than at any time since 1917. The Navy said they needed 313 ships to carry out their mission. We're now under 285. We're headed down to the low 200s if...
In response to:
I was in the U.S.S. Enterprise battle group on two Westpacs and we had escorts of frigates, destroyers, subs, etc. Obama implied carriers go out by themselves without the need for surface ships. what a complete freakin numb-nutted idiot. This guy literally doesn't know Jack Shiite.
Monday night's final 2012 presidential election debate included a brief but fierce naval battle. The candidates exchanged close-combat broadsides over the size of the U.S. Navy, then fired provocative salvos in the direction of two complex subjects, the capabilities of modern weapons and the deleterious effects of funding cuts required by sequestration on the defense budget, especially planned ship-building programs.
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago