As a Christian, it can be difficult to reconcile all the evil that happens in the world with an all knowing, all powerful loving God who could stop it if He wants, but chooses not to do so. If our hearts break for the innocent children who were senselessly murdered at Sandy Hook Elementary, how can a God who loves us not feel the same way? If any of us had known what Adam Lanza was going to do, we would have done anything in our power to stop him, so why didn't God? All too often we tend to quote...
Nawl, first you completely mistake the fallacy. It's known as Fallacy from Authority or Appeal to Authority and states that appealing to authority is fallacious if the Authority is not an expert or that Authority is not always right. We have no need to constantly question our authority as he left us a Moral Code in stone (you're familiar with The Ten Commandments, no doubt?) and in the person of Jesus Christ who healed the sick, aided the poor and ultimately laid down his life to save the lives of those who needed saving. the capacity to reason is not the same as the capacity to make moral decisions. all serial killers show extreme reasoning capabilities.
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 18 mins ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Journalist quits Ferguson after denouncing the media’s behavior Noah Rothman 4 hours ago