As a Christian, it can be difficult to reconcile all the evil that happens in the world with an all knowing, all powerful loving God who could stop it if He wants, but chooses not to do so. If our hearts break for the innocent children who were senselessly murdered at Sandy Hook Elementary, how can a God who loves us not feel the same way? If any of us had known what Adam Lanza was going to do, we would have done anything in our power to stop him, so why didn't God? All too often we tend to quote...
Without a Supreme creative being who calls the Universe into existence and creates a moral order by virtue of his own Moral character, there is no basis for any sort of judgement of Good or Evil. Why would anything be Good or Evil, because an individual feels it is? If that were true, then the world would be left with (how many humans on Earth?) so many billion moral codes, each one created by the individual person. If there is no Ultimate Moral Code, then my decision to take your life (Mr. atheist) is no more immoral than my decision to eat grapefruit. When the Bible says we were created in God's image it means we were given Free will to choose between Good or Evil.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 mins ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago