I wonder if the trolls showed up today to make all their snarky remarks about how this "proves those on the Far Right who listen to Faux News are anti intellectual and anti-education"?
In President Barack Obama's 2012 State of the Union address, he said that "higher education can't be a luxury. It is an economic imperative that every family in America should be able to afford." Such talk makes for political points, but there's no evidence that a college education is an economic imperative. A good part of our higher education problem, explaining its spiraling cost, is that a large percentage of students currently attending college are ill-equipped and incapable of doing real college work. They shouldn't be there wasting their own resources and those of their families and taxpayers. Let's look at...
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 29 minutes ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- NRLC Interview: NH Senate candidate Karen Testerman Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 17:1-9 Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago