Woman A says to herself "I'm still in school, and will be for several more years. My education is important to me, and it would be disastrous for me if I got pregnant now. Therefore, I won't be having sex with anyone, even if it means that guys won't date me". She is making a reproductive choice. She is doing so without being forced or mandated by the State.
Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Sebelius: Why, no, we have no idea who’s paid for their ObamaCare plans Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Tesla: Chris Christie’s administration just blocked us from selling our cars in New Jersey Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Obama to Putin: It’s not too late to rethink this Crimea thing, you know Allahpundit 7 hours ago