The national budget is just what a bunch of crack pots would formulate. This was a great column! Very nicely summarized to explain the problem of fiscal responsibility in Washington. BO and Harry just are can kickers and the general public is the can.
If you tilt those charts with the left side down they look pretty good. I'm surprised Obama's crew hasn't thought of that. Go Niners!

60 Minutes Missed Opportunity

Doggoneit Wrote: Jan 31, 2013 11:58 AM
Great column. It was woulda, coulda, shoulda, for 60 minutes. The show should be cut to "6 Minutes" - 'For all you need to know.'
That's four for four on the big picture. I think we could throw monkey wrenches into the market right here at home with equally harmful decisions like the immigration bill. A few bad bank decisions would also upset the market via housing and business expansion.

What is Your Next Marathon?

Doggoneit Wrote: Jan 28, 2013 12:40 PM
Very sincere article, but I would equate the feeling and satisfaction to be the same for any first time struggle - 5K, 10K, 20m bike, etc. It is the journey, not the finish that is great.

Do Gun Control Laws Control Guns?

Doggoneit Wrote: Jan 22, 2013 1:57 PM
Mass killings are chilling to everyone so it is understandable there would be a move to limit guns, the size, the mags, automacy.... On the other hand, over-reaction works both ways and I think the NRA/gun supporters go overboard for thier wants tool. A compromise is needed to see how a first step would work (like a five-year tria) and if it should be modified later. As cars have gotten safer speed limits have gone up, so change could happen after the trial. I don't see anything wrong starting now, but letting gun owners keep (pick a number 2,3) some of what they have and ban the automatic weapons sale. Leaves the 2nd amend alone, but starts a trial period. Obama will be out in four so maybe the new prez has a different idea.

On Obamacare (and Guns), We Won't Comply

Doggoneit Wrote: Dec 30, 2012 12:55 PM
I'm worried about Obama and Congress. I know they are going to screw up the fiscal cliff and us with it. Obama care should have been struck down by the SC. Gun control is not a worry to me. The gun store in town is all sold out.
Any raise is too much! Before we know it they'll be in the 2% they are complaining about.

To Hell With Charity? (Part 2 of 2)

Doggoneit Wrote: Dec 25, 2012 1:06 PM
Chuck - You don't get it. The government wants your money and sees churches, charities, etc., as competition because Washington 'knows' the right thing to do with 'your' money.
Sandy hit people hard, not Repulican or Democrate millionares. Mother nature spares no one in her wrath.

A Republican Retreat -- or Rout?

Doggoneit Wrote: Dec 07, 2012 11:22 AM
Sounds like a GOP mainstream platform to me. You should have run.