The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
Rand Paul has a shot. Allen West does not.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Video: Oregon commission orders stop on using dead babies to generate power Ed Morrissey 20 minutes ago
- Bundy’s comments on race provide breaking point for Paul, Heller Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- FDA set to regulate e-cigs — and cigars, pipe tobacco Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Five dead in Ukraine clashes as Obama warns on sanctions Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago