The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
Rand Paul has a shot. Allen West does not.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 32 mins ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest-hosting for Hugh Hewitt! Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- AP: CIA given stand-down order in Europe Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Provokatsiya: Russia captures NATO allied Lithuania’s ship in international waters Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Susan Rice: I hope everyone realizes it’s going to take “many months” to train these Syrian rebels Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The unbearable lightness of Hillary, 2016 Noah Rothman 3 hours ago