Serious question: How on earth could anyone oppose a policy that would effectively give low-skilled workers (workers who barely make enough money to feed themselves, let alone a family), higher wages? After all, we live in difficult economic times, and it doesn’t seem wholly unreasonable that individuals working in low-skilled jobs should be entitled to a minimum, universally agreed upon standard of living. And indeed, as you might expect, this isn’t by any means an unpopular idea: According to a recent Gallup poll, almost all the Democrats -- and precisely half the Republicans -- surveyed would vote “for” a proposal...
- Finally: Obama nominated for his first Emmy Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Boehner gets angry on immigration: When is Obama going to take some responsibility for something? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Conservatives and establishment GOP agree: Don’t impeach Obama Noah Rothman 3 hours ago