Serious question: How on earth could anyone oppose a policy that would effectively give low-skilled workers (workers who barely make enough money to feed themselves, let alone a family), higher wages? After all, we live in difficult economic times, and it doesn’t seem wholly unreasonable that individuals working in low-skilled jobs should be entitled to a minimum, universally agreed upon standard of living. And indeed, as you might expect, this isn’t by any means an unpopular idea: According to a recent Gallup poll, almost all the Democrats -- and precisely half the Republicans -- surveyed would vote “for” a proposal...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago