Right after the election, it was all peaches and cream and conciliatory common-ground language when President Obama met with congressional leaders to discuss the fiscal cliff. Of course, the president campaigned on tax hikes for the rich, by which he meant raising top income-tax rates and extending the Bush tax cuts for incomes below $200,000. And the president’s first meeting post-election was with his union and liberal-interest-group supporters, all of whom want to raise the top rates and then some. But instead, the newly reelected president spoke about “new ideas,” as long as they provided a balance of spending cuts and...
- U.K. graciously declines to charge parents arrested for trying to save their child’s life Noah Rothman 30 mins ago
- Biden: “It’s time to take back America!” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s smash ISIS Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The obligatory “celebrity nudes hacked” post Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Question for the State Department after Sotloff’s murder: Are we at war with ISIS yet? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Kerry: Let’s put together a coalition of the willing to defeat ISIS Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago