Ronald Reagan was part of the problem. A big government tax raising statist once you get past the awww shucks always morning shining city on a hill superficial facade.

How to Save the Soviet Security System

DoctorRoy Wrote: Aug 01, 2014 6:32 PM
I'm afraid that's not good enough, Teleprompter. I'm not going to argue that you're wrong. SCOTUS has ruled that money doesn't belong to you. What I am going to argue is that any politician that runs on that platform will never get elected. See people have an innate sense of fairness and that attitude offends it. So I'd say you're screwed because FDR doesn't have anything to do with it anymore.

How to Save the Soviet Security System

DoctorRoy Wrote: Aug 01, 2014 10:16 AM
Well Reagan granted amnesty to 3 million illegals in 1986. "I believe in the idea of amnesty for those who have put down roots and lived here, even though sometime back they may have entered illegally," he said.

How to Save the Soviet Security System

DoctorRoy Wrote: Aug 01, 2014 9:47 AM
That's all well and good but what do you tell people that have paid into both systems for 30 or 40 years?

How to Save the Soviet Security System

DoctorRoy Wrote: Aug 01, 2014 9:44 AM
I think it's two reasons. Pandering to the Hispanic vote and cheap labor.

How to Save the Soviet Security System

DoctorRoy Wrote: Aug 01, 2014 9:29 AM
So your solution is for the State to outlaw the pill so the State has enough workers to keep the scheme going?

How to Save the Soviet Security System

DoctorRoy Wrote: Aug 01, 2014 9:14 AM
Well if you happen to retire in between Wall Streets raids on the 401K's you might be OK. But if you were scheduled to retire in say 2009 you were sol. Most of the people I know lost at least half of their 401k in 2008. They say you can retire at 62 and start drawing reduced SS but most people can't do that either because you'll have to go at least 3 years without medical insurance until Medicare kicks in at 65. Anyone born after 1960 has to wait until they are 67 to draw full SS anyway. The way it is going now people are going to have to work until they die- which was probably the main goal all along.

Obama's War on Billionaires

DoctorRoy Wrote: Jul 31, 2014 2:17 PM
Naw in my yearly wellness exam they said I was fit as a fiddle and ready for love.

Obama's War on Billionaires

DoctorRoy Wrote: Jul 31, 2014 2:12 PM
Did I say something wrong, lol.

Obama's War on Billionaires

DoctorRoy Wrote: Jul 31, 2014 2:12 PM
You seen Billy Idol lately? He looks like a Republican now.

Obama's War on Billionaires

DoctorRoy Wrote: Jul 31, 2014 11:30 AM
This is what I'm talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNqQx7sjoS8 When Bush mentions Franklin he's not talking about Benjamin. And Tea Party politicians are not immune to the problem that every other politician in America faces. They will be beholden to the guys that pay the bills instead of their constituents. You'll get kicked to the curb so fast it'll make your head spin, just like always.