What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
I agree. If the income is insufficient, then how do so many government employees leave as millionaires? I would love to know and jump on that bandwagon. If you pay them more as Dr. Sowell suggests, then you have to have some stringent rules on how they invest, etc. All business dealings, investments on hold until they retire. Also, why do they get a pension?
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Has DoJ blocked a corruption probe into Reid, Lee? Ed Morrissey 31 minutes ago
- House Dems whipping against ObamaCare fix Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- NYT: Sink loss “devastating” for Democrats, was driven by ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Zuckerberg: U.S. government is a threat to the Internet Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Kerry: I’m approaching the Keystone XL pipeline with a totally blank slate Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago