I’ve watched the congressional hearings on the IRS scandal, and like others, have been appalled at the glib performance of former IRS Commissioner, Douglas Shulman. Shulman isn’t taking an ounce of blame for the mess even though he headed the agency from 2008 to 2012. Dana Milbank reviews his slippery and rather arrogant performance in the Washington Post today.
Thanks to Congressional legerdemain over the last century or so, it has become impossible to fire any civil service worker unless he/she/it is already dead and rotting. The people have allowed this to happen, and the only solution to this problem is to again push Congresscritters to delete or modify existing rules to allow firing of incompetents an other federal workers - but I repeat myself.
- Kerry lands in Cairo as Hamas, Israel refuse cease fire Ed Morrissey 43 minutes ago
- IRS: Hey, maybe we do have our e-mail backups Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Through the looking glass: White House that loves using anonymous sources upset at being attacked by anonymous sources Allahpundit 13 hours ago