z, this makes no sense whatsoever. Try to come back to the core issue. Is the exception a slippery slope? Of course it is. I am in favor of the exception, it is an extraordinary circumstance. I'd give up that if I could prevent elective abortions resulting from thoughtless sex.
Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: C’mon, America, let’s ban the word “bossy” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS, partly due to “liberal bias” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: CPAC review, Lisa De Pasquale Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Ron Paul: Crimea has the right to join Russia, and U.S. sanctions would be “criminal” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- CPAC interviews: The candidates Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago