1 - 7

Legitimate Rape Arguments

DocJ Wrote: Aug 27, 2012 9:21 PM
z, this makes no sense whatsoever. Try to come back to the core issue. Is the exception a slippery slope? Of course it is. I am in favor of the exception, it is an extraordinary circumstance. I'd give up that if I could prevent elective abortions resulting from thoughtless sex.

Legitimate Rape Arguments

DocJ Wrote: Aug 27, 2012 9:19 PM
Sometimes life is an IQ test, and Akin failed that item. He was simply dumb, and if he had any respect for the future of the country, he'd drop out and turn the race over to someone who can win against a weak and vulnerable opponent. He continues to be dumb and I am disgusted by him. Your answer is actually better, you should be running instead of him.

Legitimate Rape Arguments

DocJ Wrote: Aug 27, 2012 9:17 PM
shubi, please, your repeated insult lowers our standards. Do we not have an obligation to behave?

Legitimate Rape Arguments

DocJ Wrote: Aug 27, 2012 9:15 PM
Dear Crazy, like your name, I respect your right to your opinion, but you don't have a right to change the meaning of words. Please stick with what words actually mean, and don't impose a new meaning. Do you know what a zygote is? No one can abort a zygote, since there is no sign it is there until it starts to divide and becomes an embryo. There are ethical issues with zygotes, I admit it is a difficult subject, but this is about abortion, not about fertilized eggs. I am quesy about the whole rape exception issue, because on the one hand it is cruel for a woman to have to carry an embryo after a rape. Yet, if an embryo is a developing human, are we not killing him or her because of something his / her father did? Is that ethical?

Legitimate Rape Arguments

DocJ Wrote: Aug 27, 2012 9:10 PM
z, this is inaccurate. Actually, liberals do a lot of "I own your body except when you want to kill an unborn baby." Helmet laws, limits on how big a soft drink can be, smoking bans, on and on and on. Libertarians clearly don't want to own anyone's body, and conservatives don't except the idea of killing babies sickens us. Let's stick closer to the issue.

Legitimate Rape Arguments

DocJ Wrote: Aug 27, 2012 9:08 PM
Irrelevant and inaccurate, Bob. "Rights" are things that the government cannot take away. Marriage is a privilege, not a right. Please refrain from labeling and demonizing. It doesn't represent you well.

Legitimate Rape Arguments

DocJ Wrote: Aug 27, 2012 9:06 PM
Shubi, this is an embarrassing post. I am pro life, horrified by abortion, but I am also committed to the golden rule, so I invite you to join me. Never post something that you wouldn't want someone to say to you. Please reconsider. You are a child of God and better than this.
1 - 7