Obama's massive negative TV advertising rather successfully branded Romney and the Republican Party as rich guys who can't empathize with ordinary hard-working Americans. In fact, Obama grew up enjoying a pampered lifestyle attending elite schools and colleges and now is rich, too, with his wealth and lifestyle coming from...
Case in point. When the senate majority leader charges from the floor of the senate that the republican candidate doesn't pay his taxes (an unfounded libel), did the minority leader of the senate charge the president with actual committed criminal acts? Don't know of any? You're not from Chicago where before Obama ran for president he came dangerously close to indictment for taking bribes from Tony Rezko for $625,000 and Patrick Fitzgerald briefly considered indictment. Not fiction, but actual fact. While Dems throw fictitious charges, repubs never think to fight back, and are incapable of beating Dems in down and dirty Chicago style politics. The shame is Romney stood a chance of defeating Obama had he not had higher morals.
Dozens of explanations have been offered by people who think they are savvy about politics to explain why Mitt Romney lost and Barack Obama was reelected despite his many unlawful actions and the high unemployment figures. I toss into the mix my view that the two major political parties need rebranding.
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Scarborough thinks Hillary’s lack of competition is what will hurt her Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Tina Brown: Obama makes women feel ‘unsafe’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Are you ready for … Chelsea Manning – The musical? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Democrats want to have it both ways on Ebola Noah Rothman 4 hours ago