Obama's massive negative TV advertising rather successfully branded Romney and the Republican Party as rich guys who can't empathize with ordinary hard-working Americans. In fact, Obama grew up enjoying a pampered lifestyle attending elite schools and colleges and now is rich, too, with his wealth and lifestyle coming from...
Case in point. When the senate majority leader charges from the floor of the senate that the republican candidate doesn't pay his taxes (an unfounded libel), did the minority leader of the senate charge the president with actual committed criminal acts? Don't know of any? You're not from Chicago where before Obama ran for president he came dangerously close to indictment for taking bribes from Tony Rezko for $625,000 and Patrick Fitzgerald briefly considered indictment. Not fiction, but actual fact. While Dems throw fictitious charges, repubs never think to fight back, and are incapable of beating Dems in down and dirty Chicago style politics. The shame is Romney stood a chance of defeating Obama had he not had higher morals.
Dozens of explanations have been offered by people who think they are savvy about politics to explain why Mitt Romney lost and Barack Obama was reelected despite his many unlawful actions and the high unemployment figures. I toss into the mix my view that the two major political parties need rebranding.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014