It didn't take this for me to realize Karl Rove represents the reemergence of the Rockefeller Republicans. I'm old enough to have done battle with his kind before, so I can recognize these scoundrels a mile away. I've long suspected that Mr. Potatohead was up to no good, but for me it was confirmed the night he came on Fox News, not five minutes after Christine O'Donnell won the GOP nomination in Delaware, and ripped her to shreds like I have never seen a Republican rip another Republican to shreds in my life. He called her everything but the spawn of Satan and essentially did everything humanly possible to create a self fulfilling prophecy and make her unelectable. I knew at that precise moment that Rove was our Judas Iscariot.
During the 2012 election cycle, Tea Partiers were told by their supposed betters that their ignorance of everyday politics meant that they should take a back seat to the Republican Party establishment. Brandishing the so-called Buckley Rule with quasi-religious fervor -- the notion that Republicans should run the most conservative candidate who can win -- the establishment GOP proclaimed that the only presidential candidate who could win was Republican Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts. They suggested that four-term former Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson was a shoe-in for the Senate. They explained that the Tea Party was responsible for failed Senate candidates...
- New Bloomberg umbrella gun-control group’s first ad: Are your children safe? Erika Johnsen 12 minutes ago
- Report: Jewish residents being forced to “register” by pro-Russian militants in eastern Ukrainian city; Update: U.S. ambassador confirms Allahpundit 52 minutes ago
- NBC: Isn’t it great to have a multi-billionaire pour money into politics? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- American super-patriot to Putin: Russia doesn’t conduct mass surveillance like the U.S. does, right? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Old recording reveals GOP governor questioned policy, used salty language Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Fox poll: 61% thinks Obama lies on important matters Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago