Nevada Showdown: All Hat, No Cattle

Dobermite Wrote: Apr 15, 2014 7:39 AM
This woman is totally misguided, as are a number of Republican talking heads who cannot see the bigger picture, they think they are still living in a Constitutional Republic, despite Obama and various democrats in Congress literally sic'ing the IRS on American citizens and nobody is paying a price for it, the Debra Saunders of the world still don't get it, they still don't see what Obama and the democrats mean by "fundamental transformation", they still don't see that we are in a post constitutional phase and tyranny isn't coming to America, its already here! As for this misguided column, some people say; "but we are a nation of laws and we must respect the rule of law", and to that I say, when unjust laws are erected by tyrants and unelected alphabet organizations (BLM, EPA et al.) for the purpose of persecuting average Americans who just want to live their lives in peace and are not doing anyone any harm, and when the courts have been stacked with the Palace Guards, not for you and me, but for the ruling class, and when the ruling class starts sending small armies into our communities to enforce their tyrannical dictates at the point of a gun, when the entire game has been rigged against us, respect for the rule of law will inevitably go the way of the dinosaur.
The late Andrew Breitbart had the perfect name for these scoundrels ... the democrat media complex.

History's Greatest Event

Dobermite Wrote: Apr 11, 2014 11:34 PM
Incidentally I don't believe for one second that Mary did not know her Son was the Christ. Too me the intervention was simply her motherly instinct to protect her Son, not much different than Peter trying to dissuade Christ from his ultimate mission in the Garden of Gethsemane. Peter knew who Jesus was, he knew Jesus was the Christ, he said it directly when asked, yet he loved his friend and did not want to see him die. How much more would Mary have been consumed with grief for her Son? Thats all it was too me, the natural impulse to rescue her Son, even knowing who he was.

History's Greatest Event

Dobermite Wrote: Apr 11, 2014 11:27 PM
Having been on both sides of the spectrum, baptized Catholic and converted to Evangelical, I understand why the latter rejects anything that cannot be substantiated by Scripture, or worse, anything that contradicts Scripture like praying to Saints. That said, I'd be real careful about taking that to the extreme where it pertains to Mary. I understand the reluctance to worship Mary or any other human-being, to worship God the Father and God the Son only, but I'd be real careful if I were you about turning that into some form of hostility towards Mary, thats not a good idea, that was Jesus' earthly mother, the woman who gave birth to Jesus and nurtured him in infancy, and cared for him and loved him through childhood, and I can't even begin to imagine a Jesus that does not have a special place in his heart for Mary, his earthly mother. You DO NOT want to insult his mother in any way, shape or form. BAD IDEA. I may not pray to Mary or worship Mary, but I do adore her as the mother of my Lord and Savior, the woman God chose above all women to carry the Christ in her womb, give birth to the Messiah and care for him through childhood. That had to be one special woman, IMO the greatest woman whoever lived, and if I adored my mother, I know for sure that Jesus adores his, and I don't think he'd appreciate it if anyone had anything unkind to say about her, anything other than adoration, which is not worship, but adoring someone who deserves to be adored.

History's Greatest Event

Dobermite Wrote: Apr 11, 2014 5:29 PM
Corbett, Its a disaster and this is not the first time its happened too me. It may not be a big deal for folks who only submit brief comments, but for anyone who likes to engage in actual conversation, its a disaster. I can't tell you how many times I took the time to type a thoughtful response and had all of my work washed away in an instant, before I could submit it. Its totally inconsiderate of the people who post here.

History's Greatest Event

Dobermite Wrote: Apr 11, 2014 5:25 PM
Darby, http://www.breitbart.com Thats the home page for Breitbart, but on top you'll find a number of different tabs that direct you to specific topical pages which are essentially separate entities, all under the Breitbart rubric.

History's Greatest Event

Dobermite Wrote: Apr 11, 2014 5:17 PM
Goodbye to all of the TH folks I've become friendly with over the years. If this situation is addressed and corrected I will speak with you again in the future, and if not, maybe I'll see you on other conservative websites like Breitbart. I use the same name (Dobermite) everywhere so I won't be hard to spot :-)

History's Greatest Event

Dobermite Wrote: Apr 11, 2014 5:15 PM
I just spent five minutes typing a thoughtful commentary, and just as I was finishing the page refreshed and all I had worked on was lost. Thats it, thats the end of me posting at Townhall until this situation is rectified. So long as the page refreshes on its own every so often, I will continue to stay away and post elsewhere.

History's Greatest Event

Dobermite Wrote: Apr 11, 2014 1:46 AM
Correction: All but John amongst the Apostles were executed for preaching the Gospel and refusing to renounce it, and the authorities did try to execute John as well, by poison, but he survived and was subsequently exiled to Patmos where he proceeded to write the Book of Revelation.

History's Greatest Event

Dobermite Wrote: Apr 11, 2014 1:33 AM
Its not only his family, all of the Apostles were executed for their faith, some crucified upside down, some stoned to death, but all brutal executions that they saw coming and could have prevented had they simply denounced the Gospel (Good News) of the Risen Christ, and this was their story, they were the ones who were telling the story of what they themselves had seen with their own eyes, including the Risen Christ, so they too would have known in their heart of hearts if they were dying for a lie, and yet each and every one of them chose death to disavowing the Gospel of the Risen Christ.