1 - 8

Taxing the Poor

dnicholson Wrote: Dec 12, 2012 1:59 PM
"...a $10,000 increase in pay can cost them $15,000 in lost benefits..." The government has turned these benefits from the intended "safety net" into a "hammock" from which the poor have little or no incentive to rise.

What I Ask of Romney and Obama

dnicholson Wrote: Sep 05, 2012 2:45 PM
Progressives are in favor of eliminating the Electoral College, resulting in the "popular vote" deciding the presidency. So ask yourself, where are the population centers of the country and even more to the point, what are the politics in those areas? NY, Chicago, LA, Atlanta, SF, Pittsburgh, etc. "Popular " election of the President will result in Progressive control of the country for the foreseeable future.

Hey, Boston: Leave Chick-fil-A Alone

dnicholson Wrote: Jul 26, 2012 1:39 AM
I bet you aren't a "homophobe". I know I'm not because the word is defined as "someone who fears homosexuals" and I don't fear them. There needs to be another term for those of us who disagree with that lifestyle and refuse to promote it, like maybe "homo-dislike-ea".

Hey, Boston: Leave Chick-fil-A Alone

dnicholson Wrote: Jul 26, 2012 1:33 AM
Former Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee heard about this and started a "Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day", on his Facebook page. It is set for Wednesday, August 1, 2012. To participate, just buy a meal at Chick-Fil-A sometime on that day. So far, over 92,000 people have said they will be participating. Here's a link to his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/266281243473841/ P.S. Last I heard, the website for libs who have agreed to boycott Chick-Fil-A had 6,000 signers.

Improving Health Care

dnicholson Wrote: Jun 13, 2012 7:39 PM
FairTax.org

Improving Health Care

dnicholson Wrote: Jun 13, 2012 7:31 PM
The treatment you received hardly fits the definition of "socialized medicine". You qualified for it as a result of the contract between you and the government that you entered into at the beginning of your military service. If it were truly "socialized", then I would be eligible for treatment at the V.A., but I'm not.

Improving Health Care

dnicholson Wrote: Jun 13, 2012 7:23 PM
@gungy: I agree re health care policies & prescription drugs, but tort reform, though badly needed, should be a states rights issue. The Feds have no business telling a state court what it must or must not do.
@b_niles, 31,000+ American scientists have signed a petition denying man-made climate change. Here's the link: www.petitionproject.org/
1 - 8