President Obama is expected to officially announce plans for executive action on gun control tomorrow and he's planning to do it surrounded by children. More from the Washington Examiner:
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney announced this afternoon that President Obama will unveil a “concrete package” of gun control proposals including assault weapons bans, high capacity ammunition magazine bans, and closing loopholes on background checks.
Carney said that the president will be joined by Vice President Joe Biden as well as children who wrote to the president after the Newtown shootings.
- Fox News: Obama briefed for more than a year on ISIS as serious threat Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- Poll: 63% oppose Obama’s executive order on amnesty Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Ukraine ends offensive operations against rebels, digs in to repel Russian invasion Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Great news: Homeland Security can’t find 6,000 foreign nationals in US Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Did US kill Al-Shabaab leader responsible for Kenya mall massacre? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago