Serious question: How on earth could anyone oppose a policy that would effectively give low-skilled workers (workers who barely make enough money to feed themselves, let alone a family), higher wages? After all, we live in difficult economic times, and it doesn’t seem wholly unreasonable that individuals working in low-skilled jobs should be entitled to a minimum, universally agreed upon standard of living. And indeed, as you might expect, this isn’t by any means an unpopular idea: According to a recent Gallup poll, almost all the Democrats -- and precisely half the Republicans -- surveyed would vote “for” a proposal...
I thought the stupidity rate in the country hovered around 50%. I had no idea it was as high as 71%.
- Fox News: Obama briefed for more than a year on ISIS as serious threat Ed Morrissey 48 mins ago
- Poll: 63% oppose Obama’s executive order on amnesty Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Ukraine ends offensive operations against rebels, digs in to repel Russian invasion Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Great news: Homeland Security can’t find 6,000 foreign nationals in US Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Did US kill Al-Shabaab leader responsible for Kenya mall massacre? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago