If you missed President Obama's politically laced speech on Sunday in Newtown, Conn. he hinted extensively about new gun control measures coming down the pike either through legislation or executive order.
Now the Washington Post is reporting President Obama has officially asked his cabinet members for gun control proposals.
President Obama on Monday began the first serious push of his administration to attempt to reduce gun violence, directing Cabinet members to formulate a set of proposals that could include reinstating a ban on assault rifles.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- 12 questions the White House press corps could have asked Obama about Obamacare Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Federal judge: Utah’s ban on gay marriage is unconstitutional Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Why Sen. Landrieu might be pretty pumped about Sen. Baucus’s nomination to the ambassadorship to China Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- CNN reporter to Obama at press conference: What’s your New Year’s resolution? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- CNN poll: 14% of Republicans disapprove of Obama because … he’s not liberal enough? Allahpundit 8 hours ago