President Bush 41 epitomized these betrayals when he broke his "read my lips, no new taxes" pledge. He paid the price when he quickly went from high approval ratings as president to someone defeated for reelection by a...
D'accord, Stephen. Whether it was a gambit or a betrayal, we'll win if we do our part: http://www.thisbloodlessliberty.com/2012/06/john-roberts-you-sly-fox.html
Betrayal is hard to take, whether in our personal lives or in the political life of the nation. Yet there are people in Washington -- too often, Republicans -- who start living in the Beltway atmosphere, and start forgetting those hundreds of millions of Americans beyond the Beltway who trusted them to do right by them, to use their wisdom instead of their cleverness.
- White House slams Hamas’ “barbaric” kidnapping, cease-fire violations Ed Morrissey 19 minutes ago
- Obama hits 40% approval in AP poll, loses ground on foreign policy Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- July jobs report: 209,000 jobs added, jobless rate 6.2% Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Report: New House bill on border crisis will limit Obama’s power to expand executive amnesty to new illegals Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 3 hours ago