President Bush 41 epitomized these betrayals when he broke his "read my lips, no new taxes" pledge. He paid the price when he quickly went from high approval ratings as president to someone defeated for reelection by a...
No; I'm afraid that Rubicon was crossed in 1861. We The People have stood idly by for 150 years since, as all three branches have progressed from criminal to criminogenic government, as is seen in most times and places on earth. It is -- and always has been -- the power and tuy of We The People ourselves, to assure that the US Constitution is obeyed by the three branches of government that were given birth in that document, and that are both defined and severely constrained by that Supreme Law. AmericaAgain! is coming to your city soon. Be prepared to do the duty you've put off all your life. http://www.thisbloodlessliberty.com/2011/10/americaagain-declaration.html www.JoinAmericaAgain.com
Betrayal is hard to take, whether in our personal lives or in the political life of the nation. Yet there are people in Washington -- too often, Republicans -- who start living in the Beltway atmosphere, and start forgetting those hundreds of millions of Americans beyond the Beltway who trusted them to do right by them, to use their wisdom instead of their cleverness.
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Mary Katharine Ham 34 mins ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 53 mins ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: This is the man a malaise-stricken America needs right now Allahpundit 3 hours ago