President Bush 41 epitomized these betrayals when he broke his "read my lips, no new taxes" pledge. He paid the price when he quickly went from high approval ratings as president to someone defeated for reelection by a...
Add to this the fact that if Chief Justice Roberts really was betraying the Constitution rather than poulling a nuanced chess move, it doesn't matter. We constitutional conservatives can win a HUGE victory -- several of them, really -- as a result of this last straw tactic: http://www.thisbloodlessliberty.com/2012/06/john-roberts-you-sly-fox.html We The People have work to do. D.M. Zuniga, P.E. Founder, AmericaAgain! Trust www.JoinAmericaAgain.com
Betrayal is hard to take, whether in our personal lives or in the political life of the nation. Yet there are people in Washington -- too often, Republicans -- who start living in the Beltway atmosphere, and start forgetting those hundreds of millions of Americans beyond the Beltway who trusted them to do right by them, to use their wisdom instead of their cleverness.
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 41 minutes ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 51 minutes ago
- Here we go: Obama now reviewing deportation policy after pressure from immigration activists Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- House Democrats: We can’t build Keystone XL ’cause we need to keep 80 percent of our resources below ground Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Republicans must agree to disagree on social issues in order to grow the party Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Small-business employees locked out of Covered California health care Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago