“We don’t see the debt as an excuse to cut with abandon, to shirk our obligations,” Ryan said. “We see it as an opportunity to reform government, to make it cleaner and more effective. That’s what conservatives stand for.”
For several years I served as Chair of the Private Industry Council in both Missouri and Maryland. When I assumed those positions, I found tremendously bureacratic organizations at the County and State level that were more interested in "numbers served" than actual outcomes. I worked very hard to personalize the programs to the individual so that we could see positive outcomes one by one by one. The members of our Private Industry Council got the message. We suggested and we successful in making several changes at the local level in the County government personnel. While the overall statistics for the programs may not reflect positive outcomes, many of the local programs have been successful.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 15 hours ago