I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
Loved the article and yes I'm voting for Gary. Robmney just mean more debt, less freedom & more establishment banker shenanigans. In fact I'm so in for GJ that I developed his mobile app that. Currently it's available on android and soon to be for the i-phone. It would be great if freedom made history in 2012. It can if freedom lovers support GJ. If he had the enough $$$$$ in his war chest he could get the media time to make the (easy) distinction between a GJ presidency and an establishment presidency. Ironically if he were running as a Republican he'd likely be up 10 points. Get the app at http://goo.gl/Psc5o. Download, donate, share & share again.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 42 minutes ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago