A bold endeavor to be sure, but opponents of the plan ought not sell Bobby Jindal short. He's already shepherded two sweeping reform packages into state law, he's earned high marks for exhibiting extraordinary leadership during a series of natural disasters along the Gulf Coast, and he was essentially re-elected by acclamation in 2011 -- carrying 66 percent of the vote. Louisiana's can-do governor has now fixed his sights on uprooting the state's tax code and replacing it with an entirely new system. Go...
In response to:
Never known Nevada to have a State Income Tax - our revenue has always been from the Gaming Industry and Sales & Use Tax. In 2009 we had an increase in Sales & Use Tax to 8.10%. This article states we are operating a Surplus - than why are we continuing to cut Education Budgets. Nevada now ranks 48th in the Nation for Education, which is causing families to leave the State. If we can not educate our future citizens, other than Gaming and Service industry, what companies are going to move here. Recently our unemployment fell to 11.6% which reflects people leaving the State. Share of uninsured: 25.1 percent. Where are the jobs and where is the quality education?
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 38 minutes ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- White House on Democrats’ global-warming talkathon: We salute you Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago