Anyone who states that they are the smartest person surely aren't!
With last night's superlative speeches, America -- and the GOP -- learned two important things that will matter in years to come.
First, we learned beyond doubt that Condoleezza Rice is a firm conservative. Her message, mixing hard truths with uplifting themes, was a model for the way Republicans can -- and should -- reach out to minority voters in the future. Without any hint of pandering, she showed how concern for the least privileged among us fits comfortably within the conservative message, especially when it comes to education. From the talks she gave during the Bush years, I...
- Pope Francis: One year later Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Stupak: I got double-crossed on the contraception mandate Ed Morrissey 38 minutes ago
- MNSure asks for additional $12.5 million to fix website and call center Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Federal committee devising new dietary guidelines based on… climate change Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- National Journal: Loss in HHS contraception mandate case would “restrict access” for women Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Business groups “blindsided” by Obama overtime redefinition Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago